American History - Paperless Version
"American History: A Story of Courage, Conflict, and Freedom," is now available in paperless format! This self-directed homeschool course uses the very stable Google Classroom learning platform to organize all the interactive course learning resources.
- This course will explore the development of the United States as a nation from colonial times to the present. This story includes the courage shown by the early explorers and the colonists who persevered through extreme hardship with hard work and faith in their God. As the American nation grew, more immigrants were drawn to the promise of the American Dream. Although many were able to benefit from the fruits of their labors, other people groups, like African slaves and Native Americans, struggled under hardship. A new national identity began to be formed, ultimately, coming into conflict with the British hierarchy. Following independence, the new American nation would expand from sea to sea, but also divide from North to South culminating in the Civil War. New freedoms were ensured, but the wounds of the nation would take time to heal. The new century would be one in which America emerged from its isolationist shell to play a large role in world affairs. Throughout each of these events, Christianity has played an integral role in the development of the nation and will continue to influence the future course of the United States.
How Does a Student Complete the Course?
- Google Classroom has a "Classwork" section where students will find course material organized into well-organized units. Within each unit is located activities that need to be completed. Clear instructions are provided within each document.
- All the activities can be completed paperlessly, except for some unit tests and the final exam which need to be printed by a parent.
Who Marks the Course Work?
- This is a self-administered course. All the resources and activities are provided for the student to complete the course.
- A parent is required to mark each of the assignments. The parent will be given access to a Google Drive folder containing answer keys, rubrics, tests, exam, etc. Marking made easy!
- The content of the course is mostly the same as the workbook version of the course with some additional interactive resources like the Civil War "Virtual Museum."
- Fully narrated lectures!
- ANSWER KEYS! In-depth and very helpful.
- The course utilizes many engaging online resources (eg. interactive mapping, primary video clips, simulations, articles, etc.) including a free online textbook (ushistory.org)!
- Thematic package topics: The Original Colonies, Life in the Colonies, the Road to Revolution, the American Revolution, the Antebellum Period, the Civil War, Post-Civil War America, America at the Turn of the Century, the Great War, the Roaring Twenties, the Great Depression, World War Two, the Cold War, the Civil Rights Era, Conflict and Crisis, Towards the New Millennium and A New America Emerges.
Other items included:
- Access to interactive Google quizzes for each of the course activity packages. Here's a sample quiz!
- Tests with answer keys.
- Full exam with answer key.
- Introductory activities including, “The American Dream in Real Life.”
- Many differentiated evaluations (eg. Twitter Dialogue, “Fact or Fiction” Investigations, Facebook templates).
- Engaging Parent-Student Discussions.
- Clear rubrics for evaluations.
- This product entitles the purchaser to one student license.
- For additional children in the family who plan to take the course, more licenses will need to be purchased for each child.